Local shopkeepers who sleep outside their shops, woke up to agonising cries. Their favourite dog Roopi was writhing in pain. Someone had burnt her, with what, they did not know at that point. They looked around for the culprit/s, but no one was to be found. Roopi was rushed to our hospital. We realized that it was an acid burn. A gentle soul, she allowed our staff to dress her wounds and treat her without a whimper. An award for Rs.50,000/- was announced if anyone could give us whereabouts of the culprits, but no one came forward. It took her 3 months to get her back on her paws, but she went back to her loving shopkeepers, still guarding the lane where she was burnt.